Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Latest Project

So today I finally had time to take on a project that I have been wanting to do for awhile now. It is super simple and it makes a big difference. So to save money my husband is using my old dresser from college. The dresser is plain white and very modern. I wanted to give it a make over without painting it. So what I decided to do is buy some antique knobs!!! This is how it went:

The Dresser:


What you will need:
Blue Painters Tape, Pliers, Drill,and Measuring Tape.



I got these antique knobs that match our bedroom on sale at Hobby Lobby


First step: measure dresser drawers.

Second Step: take the painters tape and apply it to the centers of the drawers. You do this so that the outside of the dresser doesn't get destroyed when you drill the hole.

Third Step: Mark on the painters tape where you will drill the hole.



Then take your drill and make the holes through the dresser drawers.
Put the knobs through the holes and secure the backs on.



Before


 After


4 comments:

  1. you are your mothers daughter that is for sure-I am very proud of you Kayli-you get things done and are very creative. I love you and miss you so much. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you! Miss Crafty... I'm really starting to envy your furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like the dresser with just the blue tape on it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. kayli that is so cute and such a good idea!! thanks for sharing :]

    ReplyDelete