Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day



 




I have never been a fan of Valentines Day. I liked it when I was younger because we would get to buy old school cards and get lots of candy at school. I also liked waking up to a little present my mom would have out on the couch or outside of our bedroom door. She is always the best at doing little things like that. I had given up on Valentines day once I reached Junior High. Lets just say I had some awkward years and never really socialized with boys. Even my senior year in high school when I did have a boyfriend I don't think we got each other anything or did anything special. Secretly though I think all of us girls no matter what we say want to feel special on Valentines. 


This year was mine and E's first Valentines being married. Last year we were a month away from our wedding. I cant really remember what we did on Valentines...must have not been too special. This year however will probably go on my list of best days ever!


Since we just had E's birthday in December and Christmas and my birthday a couple of weeks ago and our anniversary next month things have been pretty tight when it comes to spending money on presents. So we just decided to do little things that don't cost us a lot of money. E got me some flowers and a box of chocolates. Honestly, that's all I wanted... I decided to make E a fort/picnic on our living room floor. I put candles everywhere and had music playing when he got home. E had to work but they let him off early so we got to spend the whole day together. We ate dinner and THE MOST DELICIOUS DESSERT EVER! Then we cuddled up the rest of the night and watched us some Lost. Not to mention Thatcher had a crazy rain/hail/snow storm that lasted the whole day so we opened up our sliding door and listened to the rain.(That is one thing I will miss about Thatcher is the great weather) It was the BEST Valentines ever! So grateful to be married to the love of my life and my best friend!


I asked E to take pictures.... they do not do it justice!





  




 Raspberry bread pudding with vanilla cream sauce...I know this doesn't fit into our no sugar and no carb diet we have been on for the last two months but we deserved a little treat! You can find the recipe here: http://purplechocolathome.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html (you have to try it!)
 Please excuse that tiny hair in my face....


Hope everyone had a great valentines day! I sure did! <3


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time!! Aren't little things like forts and inside picnics the best!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiny Hair????

    Tarzan could have swung from that vine...

    That was a very nice post Kayli. Glad you and E had a great Valentines Day. Colette went out and did our taxes, then she took Bryn to cheer practice.

    I stayed home and built a little fort out of roast beef. Then I ate it. Except for the roast beef breath, it was pretty fun.

    (That last card in your post has a spelling error....weird that they would publish it)

    ReplyDelete