Friday, September 9, 2011

Best Friends

 This post is dedicated to one of my best friends Chelsie Foster! For those of you who haven't heard Chelsie is engaged! I couldn't be more happy for her!




Chelsie and I have been through a lot together. We have had our ups and downs and have stayed great friends through all of it. I remember when we were in Junior High and High School and it seemed like all the girls around us either had their first kisses or had a boyfriend. Chelsie and I would always talk about our future husbands and always wondered how things would be when we finally had boyfriends. I specifically remember one night..I'm not sure if Chelsie remembers it...we had a lot of these nights together but I think it was either sophomore or junior year in high school. It was just Chels and I. Usually always was just Chels and I. Our parents used to tease us and tell us to go out and make new friends. Chelsie and I were just comfortable and content with each other. We were like sisters. Of course we longed to have guy friends to hangout with..but we went to Mountain View where there was tons of cliques. Anyway it was late at night and Chels and I were in her backyard laying on the tramp looking up at the stars. I remember talking about high school and how hard it was to find decent friends. I remember talking about how much we just wanted to know what it felt like to have a boy like us. To know what it felt like to hold hands with a boy or to actually have our first kisses. A little while later our conversation changed from our dreams of boys liking us to something a little deeper. We talked about us being faithful young women in this church. We talked about how we knew if we kept reading our scriptures at night, not going to those dance party's, not participating in the things of the world that someday Heavenly Father would bless us with good boys who will love us for who we are. Chels, I am so happy for you and I know Heavenly Father was looking out for us when we were lonely and sad. We both got just what we waited for. HOT BUFF RETURNED MISSIONARIES who love us for who we are. Thank you so much for being such a great friend to me and for being there with me every step of the way.












I am so excited for you and Benson to share the rest of your lives together. Benson, I have yet to meet you but you are one lucky man! I am so happy that Ethan and I will be able to be good friends with both of you and go on married couple dates. I love you Chels! You are going to be a gorgeous bride and a wonderful wife! Can't wait to see you!




3 comments:

  1. You both have been the best of friends, it made me cry to see all of the pictures and remember all of the fun memories you have with each other. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell through the years of pictures, that the more you read your scriptures, the prettier you got :) You both are beautiful. stay best friends forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun pictures! what a heartfelt post.

    ReplyDelete